Meeting Date: first Thursday, Jan. 5, 11:00 pm – to be held online; check your email
· Distribute updated calendar with events through May 2012, and website link.
· The new student leaders will share ideas for the following events:
o Job fair/resume party in March
o Women in Technology group. Leaders: Dana and Ash.
o Service Award ceremony in April/May. Nominated leader: Marshall Williams.
· Communications plan: Update webpage – available on GU server. Can add photos and student blog or comments from past events, calendar, meeting notes or meeting video archive
· Publicize, plan elections for the spring (April)
· A new student welcomer is needed in Georgetown Monday Jan. 9 at 6:00 pm. The events are hourly so you can attend part or all of the evening, from 6 to 10. I will get there at 9. We have 12 new TM students!
Welcome to the first online “meeting.” Thanks for joining! You are now a member of an elite and exclusive group (TMSA) within another elite and exclusive group (GU TM) within another elite and exclusive group (Georgetown University). I hope to hear back from you soon so we can plan some events that are relevant, useful, and fun for all.
Read the info below and then reply to me so I can record your participation.
• Calendar – suggestions welcome for event dates and locations – SEE ATTACHED
• Annual planning guide – details on event for the year, for those of you with a curious mind and an eye on leadership positions. Events include a resume party/job fair and service awards, as well as social events. – SEE ATTACHED
• Meeting format – suggestions welcome. We can record an informational video and post it online, with personal biographies and with our goals as a group. We have access to GoToMeeting which will be set up soon.
• Meeting notes will be emailed by midnight on the day that is listed on the calendar. This is the first month’s meeting notes document. Treasure it.
• We have a website. We need a social media moderator and content providers! Email me a photo, send a brief biography, or a short blog post (suggested topics: “my favorite lecture” or “the best happy hour ever”) and I will add it. Log in with your netID if you want to leave a comment.
• Service projects: if you are doing something special for your community – like mentoring a new professional, giving educational talks, teaching youth, or other projects – please let us know what you are up to. You might inspire others to join in, or even be recognized for your work by the TM program at the end of the academic year.
• Send your permission for sharing your email address within this group, and for posting photos of you online
• Link to other TMSA members on LinkedIn this week
• And finally, check your email next month; notes will be sent on the night of December 1st.
Congratulations – you have reached the END of the notes!
Have a good one.
The Georgetown University Technology Management Student Association has a few resources that you can use to learn more about events for current and prospective students as well as alumni:
• Facebook page for Technology Management
• Twitter feed
• LinkedIn page for Technology Management (sign in to LinkedIn to view)
• SCS web page for Technology Management
• Georgetown University general calendar
Take a look to learn more about the courses and the events in the Technology Management program.