For a more comprehensive overview of how to get started / break into the DC Tech scene, I strongly recommend this presentation by Peter Corbett. To find out about events as they happen, join the TMSA Facebook Group and follow @GeorgetownTM on Twitter.
- NoVA TechBreakfast: Sign up for the Meetup Group to be notified of DC events. The DC Tech Breakfast Meetup Group generally meets at the Microsoft building in Chevy Chase. Wednesday, 8th, 8:00am – 9:30am
- DC Metro FinTech- New Tech for Raising Capital & Investing. If you have not yet visited 1776 (startup incubator / coworkign space located at 1133 15th St), this is a good opportunity to check it out. Speakers including Paul Singh, Partner at 500 Startups and Founder and CEO of Indicate; Ben Miller, CEO of the real estate investment platform Fundrise and Sara Hanks, securities law expert and CEO of Crowdcheck.com. Wednesday January 8, 6:30 – 8:30pm.
- DC Internet Freedom Hackathon: Enjoy a fun day of hacking and delicious food to benefit Internet freedom! At 1776- Saturday, 11th, 9:00am – 7:00pm
- Tech Cocktail’s DC Fireside Chat with Sweetgreen Co-Founder Jonathan Neman: Another great event at 1776! In addition to being Georgetown gradues, the founders of Sweetgreen are also all-around great guys. Tuesday, January 14th, 6:30 – 9:00pm
- Fool’s Gold or the Mother Load: I stumbled across this thanks to LinkTankDC, should be a facinating discussion. Georgetown’s McDonough School of Business. Thursday January 16th 5:30pm
- Digital District Launch Party Formerly Social Media Club DC, or SMCDC, Digital District has relaunched as its own independent nonprofit and will be hosting their (invite only) kick-off party. So why am I mentioning it? Well since I had the pleasure of being their VP of Finance, being involved with the talented crew has done a lot for me personally and professionally. Follow @DigitalDistrict on Twitter and consider getting a professional membership to support this great local, all volunteer organization!
- #DCTech Meetup “Hacks, Code and Creative.” Join the Meetup group and RSVP now. Even if you’re on the wait list, be aggressive and show up anyways! Free events geneally have a 15-30% drop off rate. This is the premier big tech event of the month. I will be petitioning to leave class early to attend. Can’t beat the location either! Thursday January 23rd from 7 to 9pm
We are also looking into getting reserved seats in the student section for the remainder of men’s basketball team’s Saturday games!
If you are interested in attending or helping to promote and organize it, please drop me a line firstname.lastname@example.org and complete the form bellow.
@TylerGray, President Georgetown Technology Management Students Association. MPS, 15′