Diane Apostolos-Cappadona Meeting Minutes, 9/9
Present: Diane, Beth, Ed and Rob
- Music in Omeka?
music not critical. might have a student that would want to include music of mary. It is possible in Omeka to include music, but is unusual to have music in the background in a website. we can incorporate music as items to be in Omeka collections. Could create an exhibit on music.
- Since this project deals with images we have full rights to display, how much about Fair use and creative commons should be covered this Monday?
Copyright and fair use in a nutshell. when use copyrighted work need to get permissions or use a reasonable portion.
- any other anticipated dig assets (beyond images and possible music) – NO
- *is omeka site going to be open to the public?
Yes. Since limiting to GU images and following fair use and copyright guidelines.
- Roster will be ready at 5pm today and Diane will send to Rob so that he can get the accounts set up in Omeka.
- Requests for Omeka support will go through the GNMC Consultation form and Rob will be contacted as needed.
- Dublin Core Metadata – minimal is required.
Student Session, September 12
Special Collections 6:30-7:15
1) Tour of facilities, policies for reserving space (10)
2) Overview of equipment (10 min)
3) scanning basics, image resolution (10)
4) Fair Use basics with focus on the Code of Best Practices in Fair Use for Online Video (5 min)
5) how to get more training and schedule time with him (5 min)