NASSR is currently organizing interest groups for under-represented areas of the discipline. Click the NASSR Interest Groups tab to find out more.
The 22nd NASSR Conference in 2014 will meet in Washington, DC, from 10-13 July 2014. The theme of the conference is “Romantic Organizations.” The theme is meant to be broadly construed to include:
1. Societies (erotic, political, scientific, artistic, radical)
2. Bodily (organs, anatomy, physiology, affect, emotion)
3. Mental (phrenology, psychology, imagination, brain)
4. Knowledge (taxonomy, discourse, categories, philosophical, historical, literary)
5. Encyclopedia (forms of knowledge)
1. Tour of the Library of Congress (by reservation) and plenary and exhibition of Romantic holdings at the Library.
2. Plenary at the Hyatt Regency Bethesda.
3. Sessions organized by such affiliate organizations such as ICR, the Gothic Association, ERR, the Keats-Shelley Association, the NASSR graduate student organization
4. A session run by the National Endowment for the Humanities on getting funding.
Speakers and Special Session Leaders Include:
Srinivas Aravamudan, Ian Balfour, Alan Bewell, Marshall Brown, Fred Burwick, Julie Carlson, David Clark, David Collings, Jeff Cox, Adriana Craciun, Nora Crook, Peter Dear, Joel Faflak, Mary Favret, Libby Fay, Kevin Gilmartin, Steven Goldsmith, Kevis Goodman, Nick Halmi, Ian Haywood, Diane Hoeveler, Noel Jackson, Theresa Kelley, John Klancher, Jonathan Kramnick, Jacqueline Labbe, Marjorie Levinson, Mark Lussier, Michael Macovski, Peter Manning, Jerry McGann, Anne Mellor, Robert Mitchell, Timothy Morton, Marianne Noble, Daniel O’Quinn, Peter Otto, Adam Potkay, Charlie Robinson, Sharon Ruston, Jonathan Sachs, Sheila Spector, Andrew Stauffer, John Stauffer, Rei Terada, Michael Tomko, Clara Tuite, Orrin Wang, Julia Wright