Building on recent investments in the Rafik B. Hariri Building and Regents Hall, and informed by our master planning process, we will continue making progress on our capital investments and our goal of developing a more vibrant living and learning community. As the fall semester begins, construction on the Healey Family Student Center will come to a close while we continue renovation of the Former Jesuit Residence and make capacity improvements to our Utility Plant. Concurrently, we will begin construction on the Northeast Triangle Residence Hall and the Thompson Athletic Center.
This fall, we will also continue our planning for future academic spaces, recreational facilities, green space, student residences, and transportation solutions. Stay tuned for opportunities to engage in master planning and stay current with the master planning blog and website.
Safety is our number one priority during construction. To ensure the safety of our community there will be changes to pedestrian pathways and roads on campus. We ask for your heightened awareness as you travel around campus and to adhere to the following safety precautions:
- Exercise caution when walking in the vicinity of construction sites
- Obey construction signs and construction personnel providing direction through the work zones
- Utilize available sidewalks, stay within the enclosed walking areas and follow pavement markings (painted or taped lines identifying pedestrian paths)
- Report any unsafe conditions or emergencies to the Georgetown University Police Department at 687-4343.
We have created a campus map (download here) showing the progress and impacts of our construction projects and will update it regularly with the most recent project information. The following is a snapshot of anticipated impacts likely beginning later this month. We will share more details in the coming weeks as we make site preparations to begin construction.
Northeast Triangle Residence Hall
- Tondorf Road between ICC and Kober-Cogan will be closed to all non-construction vehicles.
- Pedestrian traffic normally passing to the east of Reiss Science will be rerouted to the west of Reiss Science (ADA-accessible route).
- Access to the east entrance of the Leavey Garage will be closed and traffic will be rerouted to the west entrance of the Leavey Garage.
Thompson Athletic Center
- Vehicles will be periodically rerouted to facilitate construction in and around the tennis courts and appropriate signage and flagmen will be in place.
- The Rosslyn GUTS bus stop will be relocated to North Road directly across from the Multi-Sport Field. We will make appropriate notifications before moving the Rosslyn GUTS stop.
Former Jesuit Residence
- Interior concrete demolition will cause increased noise levels during the workday and may impact occupants in Maguire and Gervase.
- Parking at Yates is limited to staff and users who require ADA parking.
- Intermittent lane closures will occur on West Road and appropriate signage and flagman will be in place.
We appreciate your patience while we undertake this work to improve our campus. Thank you for your cooperation during this exciting time at Georgetown!