Jul 18 2021

Pandemic of the Unvaccinated

by at 9:09 pm under Uncategorized

Anybody paying attention can see what is happening. The CDC director has described the current situation as the Pandemic of the Unvaccinated. The highly infectious Delta variant of SARS-CoV-2 is tearing through the country. Lots of people are getting infected, but primarily only unvaccinated people are getting really sick. There is a simple, safe way to protect against illness, but some people just don’t want to be confused by the facts.

Meanwhile, life on campus is slowly stirring. I came into work two days last week, once just for meetings and the other for clinic. I have found it easiest to bring in my own lunch; perhaps that will change when classes are in session. I’ll be on campus at least two days this coming week, and certainly will be there on Wednesday at 11:30 a.m. for the BellRinger lunch on the Podium near the CCC building. I hope to see you there! My training for BellRinger has been slowed over the past two weeks because of nagging plantar fasciitis of my right heel. It has been a slog. If I don’t improve soon, my plans for 100 miles are in jeopardy. I know I can do 25 miles, and hope to do at least 50.

I have spent the last few weeks on my draft of the Director’s Overview for the CCSG competitive renewal. The Overview draft is essentially finished, and I have also completed drafts of two (Space and Center Director) of the 6 Essential Characteristics descriptions. Four more to go… I hope to have everything done by August 1.

Have a great week. Most importantly, stay safe and be well.

Lou

The views, thoughts, and opinions expressed in the text belong solely to the author, and not necessarily to the author’s employer, organization, committee or other group or individual.