Dec 04 2017

CCSG on my mind…

by at 10:33 am under Uncategorized

(December 3, 2017) — Greetings on Sunday night. I am getting ready to attend dinner with Lombardi’s External Advisory Committee (EAC), which has been given the unenviable task of reviewing the very large current draft of our CCSG competitive renewal, which is due in late May. Lombardi members have done a heroic job of generating very strong first drafts of each of their respective sections, and I am grateful to everybody for their dedication and excellence. I particularly want to call out for appreciation the absolutely exceptional efforts of Sharon Levy, whose passion for strategy, detail and the Lombardi mission is second to nobody. Thanks, Sharon.

The formal EAC meeting is on Monday, from 8 am until about 3:30 pm. The EAC will review each of our many sections in detail, giving us knowledgeable and important advice so we can revise our sections and identify areas that need to be added, deleted or improved. Once we have the full comments of the EAC, we’ll begin to revise our drafts, hoping to send out revised and hopefully “ready to go” sections for an additional round of review early in 2018. It’s a lot of work, but I must say that trying to tie together these efforts in my Director’s Overview has given me a new appreciation for the broad range, exceptional quality and impact of the work we do at Lombardi. I am humbled to have the opportunity to oversee this wonderful enterprise.

Our next step is a visit with the NCI Centers branch next week to review our overall plans for resubmission and get some key questions answered regarding the many rules and regulations related to the CCSG. I certainly will be ready for a break at the end of December!

Have a great week; and thank you for the opportunity to work with each and every one of you; it never fails to inspire me. But now, it is time to get back to work!