Feb 08 2015

A brief blog

by at 8:38 pm under Uncategorized

Harriet and I are on a weekend trip with friends, so my blog this week will be fairly brief. The past week was filled with lots of work, but fewer meetings than usual. We will be back in town on Monday afternoon, and I will return to the office on Wednesday. I have a dinner meeting on Monday night regarding the MedStar Georgetown Cancer Network, and then will be spending all day Tuesday at the NCI Cancer Center Directors’ meeting in Bethesda. Wednesday and Thursday will be dominated by the Georgetown University Board of Directors meeting and the Committee on Medical Center Affairs of the Board.

We saw a fabulous movie on Sunday evening, “American Sniper,” starring Hoya alum Bradley Cooper. His performance is remarkable, and the movie is haunting, moving, and raises important questions. It is most definitely worth seeing.

I want to close this blog by sending well-wishes to Lauren Wolkoff as she moves on to a new adventure, working at the United Nations Foundation as communications director for one of their global health programs. As many of you know, Lauren served as Lombardi’s Director of Communications in the time leading up to our recent CCSG renewal, before joining GUMC communications. She has been a valued colleague and friend to many of us in these roles, and she will be missed. Good luck, Lauren. You’ll be missed.