We invite you to be part of our 4th annual Washington, D.C. Journalism Job Fair hosted by Georgetown University’s Master’s in Journalism Program. We, a coalition of diverse journalism groups in the Washington area, are once again organizing a job fair that will bring together a pool of diverse candidates — from experienced journalists to recent graduates — who are ready to work.
- Asian American Journalists Association – Washington, D.C., chapter
- National Association of Hispanic Journalists – Washington, D.C., chapter
- National Lesbian, Gay and Bisexual Journalists Association – Washington, D.C., chapter
- Society of Professional Journalists – Washington, D.C., pro chapter
- Washington Association of Black Journalists
- Journalism & Women Symposium (JAWS)
Where: Georgetown Downtown Campus, 640 Massachusetts Avenue, NW Washington, D.C. (two blocks from the Gallery Place Metro Station)
If you have any questions, please contact our Job Fair Chair, Azhar AlFadl. She can be reached via email at email@example.com.
Together, we planned the fair as a service to members of the five professional journalism associations and to Georgetown University journalism master’s students. The first fair happened in April 2014, with more than 200 job seekers in attendance and 13 companies represented. Several successful job seekers have shared their stories with us from last year, and 300 job seekers and attendees joined us for the 2016 event.
We offer a special thanks to the Annie E. Casey Foundation for helping to keep our job fair affordable.