Kyle Gray

Program:
MPS in Real Estate
Current Position:
Design Manager, Turner Construction Company
Hometown:
San Andreas, CA
LinkedIn

What is the best piece of career advice you’ve received?
The best piece of career advice I have received is to surround yourself with your own board of directors. Do not limit yourself to one mentor but seek out multiple advisors. Find people whom you respect, have positions that you aspire to achieve, and come from different backgrounds. Do not be afraid to seek counsel within your organization as well as outside. All of these perspectives can offer you the best guidance and advantage for advancing your career.Why did you choose to come to Georgetown SCS?
I chose to come to Georgetown SCS because of the great program offerings at a world class institution. The MPS in Real Estate program features some excellent instructors, all of whom have extensive industry knowledge and are well connected with Washington, D.C. real estate.

How have Georgetown’s Jesuit values influenced your life and work?
“People for Others” is a Jesuit value that I try to apply to everything I do. I do this by volunteering—either mentoring undergraduate students or coaching the UC Berkeley Associated Schools of Construction Team. I find these relationships to be rewarding on many different levels and it is fulfilling to witness these students grow and take on opportunities. Seeing former students come back and help with coaching makes me feel like we have created a sense of pride and community, and I can be confident that the program will continue to grow and sustain itself.