About the Students

Bios forthcoming!

Eman Abid

I’m an aimless English major without any commitment to pretending that I know what I’m doing. Once I graduate, I plan to run away from everything and get delightfully lost. I’m the president of a now defunct musicians’ collective on campus, which must prove how much I genuinely love punk music – ha!

Petrina Chu

I am a senior English and Biology of Global Health (BGH) major. I tutor with STEM Afterschool at Plummer Elementary and am also involved with their LEGO league, which means that I essentially get to play with blocks all day.

Benj Coen

I ended up as an English and Economics major, but I’m more of an English guy with Economics on the side. I’m a manager for the Georgetown Men’s Basketball team, and I miss the first thirty minutes of practice to be in this class. Want to be a head coach someday.

Jesse Flores

I came to Georgetown in the fall of 2010 hoping that I would find an intellectual renaissance, but instead found pastels in search of high-paying finance jobs. An identity crisis, two long years back in Redlands, CA, and multiple close encounters with the law later I returned to Georgetown as a sophomore. Now a senior, I’ve spent my time working with startups, startup incubators, design studios, and ethics debate teams. I’m an English major and a Philosophy minor despite lots of arguments with mom and dad about job prospects.

Symone Fogg

English & Studio Art (Digital Art Concentration) double major. I’ve spent most of my time in Georgetown off-campus, building my design portfolio with logos and advertisements for non-profits and startups.

Emma Hamstra

Emma was born in 1993 in the great mitten state of Michigan. A rapper and social justice advocate, she spends her free time writing and volunteering with the CSJ and ARC. Going by the moniker Feminemma, she loves to jump into poetry slams and cyphers. People are usually shocked that a second-wave feminist a la Catherine MacKinnon, can rap. Currently she is a senior English major and Women’s and Gender Studies minor at Georgetown University. Fem, as her teammates call her, has a passion for education and enjoys mentoring court appointed youth in the greater Washington D.C. area. She is also known to spit some rhymes when her students are especially silent. Hamstra’s life goal is to spread her passion for literature by becoming a middle school language arts teacher.

Hunter Kiselick

I am a senior English major and Government minor. I am a Captain of the football team at Georgetown and plan on attending law school after graduating. I am from Nutley, New Jersey and will probably head back there for a little while before going back to school.

Lauren Saar 

I am a senior English major and Film and Media Studies minor. I am on the volleyball team at Georgetown and a women’s lifegroup leader in Chi Alpha. I am from Kalamazoo, Michigan–getting married there in the summer! and then moving to Sydney, Australia in September.

Grayson Ullman

I’m from a little bit of everywhere: born in Virginia; lived in Maine for awhile; trekked out to Colorado; then to Cape Cod; Upstate New York; back to Colorado; eventually landed in DC. Lived in something like 22 houses over the years. I’ve always loved writing and inertia carried me to the English major despite taunts that I’d end up being a barista the rest of my life. Pipe dream is to be a playwright/novelist. We’ll see how that goes. Plan B is journalism.