"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard Fellows and students publish study

Engelhard Fellows and students publish study

Nurse Education Today has published a study by Kristin Reeve and Catherine Shumaker, recent alumnae of the School of Nursing and Health Studies (NHS), and Joan Riley and Edilma Yearwood, long-time Engelhard Fellows and faculty at NHS. Their article is titled  “Perceived Stress and Social Support in Undergraduate Nursing Students’ Educational Experiences.” In it, the authors explore the impact of stress on baccalaureate nursing students. They argue for the importance of faculty involvement in helping students to develop coping strategies: “Educators have the potential to impact the development of their students as they transition into nurses capable of handling the rigors of the profession.”

More about the study and its authors can be found on the NHS website. The abstract and full text of the article are available from Science Direct.

No comments » Uncategorized