"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard team presents at AAC&U meeting

Engelhard team presents at AAC&U meeting

Mindy McWilliams (CNDLS) and Joan Riley (NHS) presented data from the Engelhard Project at a session titled “Using Evidence to Promote Engaged Learning and Student Well-being” at the Annual Meeting of the American Association of College and Universities (AAC&U) in Atlanta on January 23–26. The session also featured colleagues from Tufts University, Wagner College, and SUNY Cortland who, along with Georgetown, participated in the Bringing Theory to Practice Project as demonstration sites from 2010-2012.

No comments » Uncategorized