"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard Fellow receives IBM Faculty Award

Engelhard Fellow receives IBM Faculty Award

Betsy Sigman, an Engelhard Faculty Fellow and a professor at Georgetown University’s McDonough School of Business, recently was awarded a 2012 Faculty Award by IBM.

The Faculty Awards is an annual worldwide program intended to foster collaboration between researchers at universities and those in IBM research, development, and services organizations. This year, 90 professors from around the world were chosen to receive the award, which also includes a grant to promote courseware and curriculum innovation in strategic disciplines and geographies, encourage industry adoption of emerging technologies, and create continuous opportunity to attract and hire exceptional technical and business talent.

[Reposted from the MSB Newsroom]

No comments » Uncategorized