"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard TA Fellows awarded PhDs

Engelhard TA Fellows awarded PhDs

Two Engelhard TA Fellows from the Georgetown Philosophy Department recently earned their doctorates.

Luke Maring successfully defended his doctoral dissertation, “Political Obligations Without Authority,” on June 21, 2012. Luke was an Engelhard TA Fellow in Fall 2010 in Introduction to Ethics with Faculty Fellow Alisa Carse and Health Professional Fellow Jen Schweer.

Nate Olson successfully defended his doctoral dissertation, “Ties that Bind: Respect and Relationship-Based Responsibilities,” on July 26, 2012. Nate first joined the Engelhard Project as a TA Fellow for Alisa Carse’s Ethics course in 2006. He most recently helped to teach Ethics with Faculty Fellow Terry Pinkard and Health Professional Fellow Patrick Kilcarr.

Congratulations to Luke and Nate!

Comments Off on Engelhard TA Fellows awarded PhDs Uncategorized