"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard course helps food bank

Engelhard course helps food bank

In Biology of Global Health, an Engelhard course led by Anne Rosenwald and Heidi Elmendorf,  students learn to communicate and apply their knowledge to the wider community. This spring, the class filmed a series of public service announcements for Capital Area Food Bank to advertise programs aimed at bringing fresh produce into the city and feeding children on the weekends. Students were inspired by the United Nations’ Millennium Development Goals, which emphasize nutrition. Anne Rosenwald, a returning Engelhard Fellow, explains that students majoring in global health can “put their science training in the context of societal issues – law, policy, implementation, communication, [and] bioethics.”

Read more about the course here.

Comments Off on Engelhard course helps food bank Uncategorized