"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard Professors Donoghue and Stiles recognized for teaching

Engelhard Professors Donoghue and Stiles recognized for teaching

Engelhard Faculty Fellows Maria Donoghue and Sarah Stiles were two of the three faculty given the 2012 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching to recognize their achievements with students. Both Fellows have repeatedly participated in the Engelhard Project. Last semester, Professor Donoghue taught “An Issues Approach to Biology ” as an Engelhard course. This spring, Professor Stiles is teaching two Engelhard courses: “Introduction to Sociology” and “Social Entrepreneurship and Change,” which is also a community-based learning course. The professors were especially recognized by the University for their dedication to undergraduate education.

Read more about the 2012 Dean’s Award for Excellence in Teaching  here.

Comments Off Uncategorized