"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard Fellow featured at Shift Series

Engelhard Fellow featured at Shift Series

Sarah Stiles, an Engelhard Faculty Fellow and Visiting Assistant Professor of Sociology at Georgetown, is a featured speaker at the upcoming Shift Series on New Approaches to Social Issues. The national conference aims to bring experts and leaders from the fields of education, business, government, entrepreneurship, and nonprofit management together with students and faculty to discuss social issues. It is hosted by Compass Partners, with support from Georgetown University and the McDonough School of Business, among others.

Professor Stiles will be presenting at two sessions. In the first, Professor Stiles will be speaking on a panel about how to advance social entrepreneurship through the classroom, as she does in her Engelhard course “Social Entrepreneurship and Leading Social Change.” In the second, she will be leading a seminar on social change and the cinema. Congratulations to Professor Stiles on this new opportunity to share her work.

Comments Off Uncategorized