"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Natsu Onoda Power presents new play

Natsu Onoda Power presents new play

Astro Boy and the God of Comics is a new play created by Natsu Onoda Power, Georgetown Theater Professor and Engelhard Faculty Fellow, now playing at the Studio Theater in D.C. The play is based on Professor Power’s book God of Comics: Osamu Tezuka and the Creation of Post-World War II Manga (2009). Astro Boy is a high-energy performance piece that incorporates acting, drawing, puppetry, and media to tell the story of the famous Japanese character and his originator, Osamu Tezuka.

Professor Power is a long-time Faculty Fellow whose Engelhard course this semester, “Spectacle of Eating,” is based on her previous theater piece, The Omnivore’s Dilemma.

Read the Washington Post review of Astro Boy here.

Comments Off Uncategorized