"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Visit from Dickinson College

Visit from Dickinson College

The Engelhard Project team hosted representatives from Dickinson College for a visit on Friday. The day’s meetings were designed to showcase different parts of the Engelhard Project, in order to give the visitors information and ideas towards starting a similar initiative on their own campus. Shalom Staub, Dickinson’s Associate Provost for First-Year Programs and Community-Based Learning, and Alecia Sundsmo, Executive Director of their Wellness Center, met with Georgetown faculty, health professionals, and CNDLS staff members, all of whom are long-time fellows of and contributors to the Engelhard Project. The conversations covered many of the Engelhard Project’s accomplishments, challenges, and best practices, providing a comprehensive picture of how Engelhard infuses wellness into the undergraduate curriculum.

Comments Off on Visit from Dickinson College Uncategorized