"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Joan Riley named Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing

Joan Riley named Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing

Joan Riley, Assistant Professor in the School of Nursing and Health Studies, was inducted as a fellow into the American Academy of Nursing on October 15. As a member of the Engelhard Project team from its beginning at Georgetown, Professor Riley continues to be involved each year with working and teaching for the Project. This semester, she is teaching three of her classes as Engelhard courses. Jeanne Matthews, Chair of the Department of Nursing, comments that Professor Riley’s “creativity and passion have made us think about new and better ways to engage our students in the classroom.”

Congratulations to Professor Riley!

Read the article from the School of Nursing and Health Studies here. Read more about Professor Riley here.

Comments Off on Joan Riley named Fellow of the American Academy of Nursing Uncategorized