"My whole life I've wanted to be the kind of person anyone can lean on, and the more I look into each of the issues raised by the Engelhard Project, the more I am able to be that person." -Engelhard student

"This is quite possibly the best course I've ever taken at Georgetown." -Engelhard student

"In contrast to all of the other courses that I have taken during my college career, this course dealt with health and mental issues that are actually important to my friends, my peers, and me." -Engelhard student

"If only all courses could prove to be so relevant to my personal and educational growth….This class is truly reflective of what all courses in college ought to be." -Engelhard student

"I often left class invigorated and would go home to do more research on the matters we had focused on that day." -Engelhard student

"I appreciate that, even in a large class, I can feel a sense of personal gain and growth through the Engelhard Project." -Engelhard student

"This course really opened my eyes and gave me a new way of thinking." -Engelhard student

"This class made me think about my own life experiences and frame them in a more focused and thoughtful manner." -Engelhard student

Home » Project News » Engelhard connects with national project

Engelhard connects with national project

The Engelhard Project hosted members of the national Bringing Theory to Practice (BTtoP) team for a campus visit this Thursday. BTtoP works to advance civic education, engaged learning, and the well-being of individual students, in partnership with the American Association of Colleges and Universities and with sponsorship from the Charles Engelhard Foundation. Four guests from BTtoP visited Georgetown: Don Harward, Project Director, BTtoP and Senior Fellow, AAC&U; Sally Engelhard Pingree, Trustee, The Charles Engelhard Foundation; Ashley Finley, National Evaluator, BTtoP and Director of Assessment, AAC&U; and Jennifer O’Brien, Project Manager, BTtoP.

At the all-day event, the BTtoP guests had opportunities to meet with Georgetown administrators, including the Vice President for Student Affairs and the Deans of Georgetown College, the Business School, the School of Foreign Service, and the School of Nursing and Health Studies. In addition, they had conversations with Georgetown faculty and staff involved with Engelhard, such as campus health professionals. Finally, the BTtoP guests and the Engelhard Project team met to discuss assessment and future goals.

Click here to learn more about BTtoP.

No comments » Uncategorized