GU Alumnus Blogs about “Learning Shift”

Georgetown alumnus Christian Talbot, who chairs the English department at Regis High School in Manhattan, writes about education in his blog Excellence in Teaching / Teaching Excellence. Recently, he reflected on the Georgetown Magazine article "The Learning Shift," which explored various ways that Georgetown faculty are shifting from a focus on teaching to a focus on learning. Talbot asks his readers to examine their attitudes toward experimentation and innovation in the classroom. He writes:

"We don’t have to reconstruct every single lesson around the idea of student-centered, 'intrinsically experimental' work.  But as the new school year approaches, it might be fruitful to ask yourself, 'In the first week of classes, can I shift my approach in just one of my lessons so that it centers on student experimentation and participation?'"

Read the full post here and here.

Georgetown alumnus Christian Talbot, who chairs the English department at Regis High School in Manhattan, writes about education in his blog Excellence in Teaching / Teaching Excellence. Recently, he reflected on the Georgetown Magazine article “The Learning Shift,” which explored various ways that Georgetown faculty are shifting from a focus on teaching to a focus on learning. Talbot asks his readers to examine their attitudes toward experimentation and innovation in the classroom. He writes:

“We don’t have to reconstruct every single lesson around the idea of student-centered, ‘intrinsically experimental’ work.  But as the new school year approaches, it might be fruitful to ask yourself, ‘In the first week of classes, can I shift my approach in just one of my lessons so that it centers on student experimentation and participation?'”

Read the full post here and here.