CNDLS Graduate Associate Sarah Chamberlain (LDT’ 19) Named EdSurge Fellow

EdSurge recently named Sarah Chamberlain, CNDLS Graduate Associate and a student in the inaugural cohort of the Master’s Program in Learning, Design, and Technology (LDT), a Fall EdSurge Independent Fellow. As part of her Fellowship, Chamberlain will write articles for EdSurge that discuss her studies in the LDT program and her associateship work with CNDLS developing online courses and engaging in learning analytics.

The fall cohort of ten students get together once a week to discuss various topics in higher education—and challenges they’ve faced— and serve as contributors to the EdSurge Independent website. Chamberlain shares, “I think that it’s great that they are publishing student’s voices. Everyone is really excited about having the students involved. Everyone has been super welcoming so far.” With an initial interest in ed tech, more recently she’s engaged in discussions with students in her program about access to educational technology. “I recognize that I will be in a position of power to make decisions and I wonder how I can use that to make a positive influence on women and minorities. The political climate and living in D.C. also contributed to my change in direction. I just think, what can I do to change it?” She is most interested in writing on how educational technologies are being used, access and equity in higher education, and social justice-oriented pedagogies. To follow along with her and read some of her reflections throughout her Fellowship, visit EdSurge Independent’s webpage.

Before attending Georgetown University’s LDT program, Chamberlain received her B.S. in Neurobiology, Physiology, and Behavior and worked in the biotechnology field as a product manager. After completing a Design Media certificate through the University of California, San Diego, she went on to begin her work in eLearning. Her passion for multimedia art inspired her to pursue a career in instructional design. After completing her Master’s degree this spring , she hopes to find a position that allows her to combine her interests in learning, technology, design, and education.

Congratulations, Sarah!