In its eighth year, the Doyle Faculty Fellowship Program is pleased to welcome another strong cohort of faculty fellows. The group of 16 faculty kicked off their fellowship experience at CNDLS’ Teaching, Learning & Innovation Summer Institute in May 2017, with dinner, discussion, and delving into their respective Doyle projects.
Faculty apply for the fellowship with a course in mind that they hope to design or redesign with the goal of enhancing or incorporating themes of difference and diversity. They then spend the year in conversation with colleagues across disciplines to tackle questions of pedagogy and practice. Each year, a unique blend of faculty come together, with courses ranging from first-year seminars in the School of Foreign Service to intensive languages in the College to science courses from the School of Nursing and Health Studies. Over the years, the Doyle Program has worked with 110 faculty fellows redesigning 138 courses with a total student enrollment of over 3,200.
This year, the cohort includes 16 faculty from 14 different departments across campus, from Philosophy and English to Mathematics & Statistics and Biology. After the cohort first met in May, they worked on their Doyle courses independently over the summer and met with the Doyle team for summer consultations. September marked the beginning of the cohort’s work together, where fellows dove into discussions about assigned readings and case studies from their fellow colleagues.
2017-18 FACULTY FELLOWS:
- ALAYNE ADAMS | Department of International Health
- MUN CHUN (MC) CHAN | Department of Biology
- C. WAKABA FUTAMURA | Department of French and Francophone Studies
- KEREN HAMMERSCHLAG | Department of Art & Art History
- FATEMEH HOSSEINI | Women’s and Gender Studies
- AMRITA IBRAHIM | Department of Anthropology
- SHAREEN JOSHI | School of Foreign Service
- HUAPING LU-ADLER | Department of Philosophy
- NICOLE MEYER | Department of Mathematics and Statistics
- DAVID MOLK | Department of Performing Arts
- JILL NEUENDORF | Department of Slavic Languages (Russian)
- RICARDO ORTIZ | Department of English
- AMANDA PHILLIPS | Department of English
- NICHOLAS SUBTIRELU | Department of Linguistics
- NORMA TILDEN | Department of English
- MATTHEW TINKCOM | Communication, Culture and Technology
To learn more about the Doyle Program, visit our page on the CNDLS website.