Please note that the dates for these workshops have changed since the original posting. These are the correct dates.
CNDLS is pleased to announce a new series of spring workshops focusing on Web 2.0 tools. These Friday workshops, which will be presented in collaboration with the Gelardin New Media Center, will be open to Georgetown faculty, staff, and students. At each workshop, presenters will introduce a particular set of tools and lead a discussion on how these tools might be useful in educational contexts.
- Microblogging (presented by Michael Matason and Rob Pongsajapan)
Tuesday, February 2nd, 11-12; Murray Room, Lauinger Library
- Social Bookmarking: Annotate, Organize, and Share Your Research (presented by Beth Campolieto Marhanka and Theresa Schlafly)
Tuesday, March 2nd, 11-12; Murray Room, Lauinger Library
- Data Visualization (presented by Marie Selvanadin and Bill Garr)
Tuesday, April 6th, 11-12; Murray Room, Lauinger Library
- GeoInfo /Google Earth (presented by Steve Fernie and Susan Pennestri)
Tuesday, May 4th, 11-12; Murray Room, Lauinger Library
In addition to the Web 2.0 Workshops, CNDLS’ Rob Pongsajapan and Marie Selvanadin will present introductory workshops on blogs and wikis. Each of these workshops will be offered twice.
- Getting Started with Blogs at Georgetown
Wednesday, January 27th, 10:00-12:00 and Wednesday, March 17th, 10:00-12:00; Picchi Multimedia Room, Lauinger Library
- Introduction to Wikis
Thursday, February 4th, 10:00-12:00 and Wednesday, March 24th, 10:00-12:00; Picchi Multimedia Room, Lauinger Library
For more information or to register, please visit the Gelardin New Media Center Workshops page.