Before You Start
CNDLS supports iClicker (hardware device) and iClicker’s REEF Mobile Polling (software application) on the Main Campus. You can use either iClicker hardware, REEF, or both for polling in your class.
Before using iClicker for the first time in a course, you should do the following:
- Notify the GU Bookstore to add iClickers your book list for your course(s). By doing so, we can provide you with an iClicker base station and instructor remote free of charge to use in your current and future courses.
- Set up a consultation with CNDLS to discuss polling for your class, address any questions you have, and receive the iClicker base station and instructor remote.
- Provide students with written instructions for using iClickers and/or REEF mobile polling.
- Allow enough time for students to purchase an iClicker for the course.
Even if you’re not sure if you want to use clickers or mobile polling, feel free to request a consultation to learn more and discuss your options.
Getting Started/User Guides
The following user guides outline how to set up and run iClicker. For first time users, we recommend proceeding in the order listed below:
- iClicker Hardware Setup
- iClicker Software Setup
- Downloading your Roster
- Running your first iClicker Session
- Syncing your Session Data
Download the GU Custom Version of the iClicker Classic software with Canvas integration (version 7.8) here:
Download the GU Custom Version of the iClicker Classic software with Blackboard integration (version 7.8) here:
You must log in with your Georgetown NetID and password to download the software (if you are not already logged in).
To upgrade the GU Custom Version of iClicker software to the latest iClicker version, open iClicker and navigate to Help > Check for Update.
What To Tell Students
Please share this support document with your students. It contains important iClicker information, and can be copied and pasted to send to your students.
Below you will also find answers to common questions that your students may have:
Frequently Asked Questions
For more information, please consult the iClicker website.