Biblioteca : Latin American and Iberian Resources at Georgetown

Digitalia

July 26, 2012 · Leave a Comment

I’ve been wanting to write about this for some time, but other things kept popping into my head, I guess. This spring we began a trial run of Digitalia, which is kind of an e-book repository for mostly Spanish-language titles. (At the moment there are also some in Portuguese, Catalan, and just a few in English.) Well, the library has purchased it! We’ve had it for a bit over a month now.

The collection is extremely broad and growing consistently; topics include history, literature, linguistics, art, computer programming, engineering, general reference, the traditional sciences, law, geography, anthopology, international relations, and many more. Each book is available in either pdf or html formats, and also works great on mobile devices and tablet computers. A few of the many publishers in Digitalia include Anthropos, Universidad de Salamanca, Biblioteca Nueva, Iberoamericana Vervuert, LOM, and the Pontificia Universidad Católica del Perú.

You can either search it at the top as you would with any online resource, or, on the left, break it down by books, journals, collections, or name of publisher. Not matter iif you are a Latin Americanist or an Iberianist (or both!), I think you will find some titles here to be of great help to you.

You can access Digitalia through my research guides, but I think the easiest way to get to it is by simply bookmarking its catalog record in GEORGE. (You will need to sign in with your Georgetown ID and password if you are off-campus.) We will also be adding catalog records in GEORGE in the near future, so they will be turning up in your search results there as well.

Please feel free to let me know if you have any suggestions or comments about it: mrs249@georgetown.edu. I hope you find it helpful in your research.

Categories: online · resources
Tagged: ,

0 responses so far ↓

• There are no comments yet...Kick things off by filling out the form below.