Welcome Back Hoyas!

pencil-drawing-of-a-bulldog-joyce-geleynseArtniks, I’ve missed you! Welcome back to Georgetown, welcome to Georgetown, and most importantly, welcome back to Lau. You–students, faculty, friends, neighbors–make us complete.

First things first–if you’re new to these parts you might want to know who I am and what this blog is. There are a lot of blogs out there, and Ars Hoya knows you have a choice in your elective reading. Sign up for our RSS feed and let us come to you.

Here are a few tidbits–practical and always informative–about how to make the most of the library.

reservesRESERVES

#1 question of the new school year: “How do I find my reserves?” Unlike unicorns, reserves are easy to find and distinctly real. This short video shows you find them on the library website.

HELP

If you ever have questions about the library and the mysteries therein, don’t ever hesitate to email, call, text, or chat. Seriously–Ask Us–that’s why we’re here. Remember that we get busy, so if you don’t hear back right away, ping us again–it’ll help us both out.

ask us

SCANNING

Finally, I would like to announce that the library now has an overhead scanner! A really good one! Let’s just say the Library of Congress is jealous. Now you can quickly scan chapters, oversize documents, and images–gorgeous, full-color art images. The Bookeye 4 will send

I'm holding the book for effect, but the Bookeye 4 has a book cradle that does the work for you.

I’m holding the book for effect, but the Bookeye 4 has a book cradle that gently supports the book for you.

scans to your Google Drive, your thumb drive, your email–and even to to your tablet or smart phone if you so much as place your device near the scanner (yes, like osmosis). Scanning is free, and printing is .65 down in the Gelardin New Media Center, on the first floor.

Erin Pappas, European Languages & Social Sciences Librarian, demonstrates the Bookeye 4.

james turrell

Special thanks to our model, James Turrell: A RetrosepctiveThis brand-new book is in the library; the show is at the Los Angeles County Museum of Art.

Be Sociable, Share!
This entry was posted in Academics, Conceptual Art, Gallery Shows, Image Use (and abuse), Library Resources and tagged , , , , , . Bookmark the permalink.