The following are the notes that I wrote down during my visits to the FBI headquarter building and the surrounding areas.
Alejandro Castro Macias
Notes over the FBI Headquarters
FBI Headquarters: November 26th 4pm-6pm (roughly)
- Very bland building
- Looks very under the radar
- Small glimpses of the interior
- Small glimpses of courtyard/training. What is the purpose of this? Intentionally shown to the public?
- Lots of security
- People leaving and entering quite frequently
- None of them wanted to talk to me 🙁
- They said they were in a hurry or could not tell me anything that was interesting
- Across the street from the department of justice
- Very busy
- So many police cars next to the area
- The guards with the drug dogs didn’t let me take a picture of them
- No tours
- Can’t get in
- Windows were tinted
- Inside the entrance there is a lot of security.
- Security guards and then card security
- Very hard to schedule a visit
- Nice views
- Department of Justice
- Outside of the Federal Triangle Heritage Trail
- Office of the Attorney general close by
- Close to national mall
- National Archives
- Once you start walking a block away it becomes very easy to be trapped within the “downtown touristy area”
- Very business oriented. The people that were walking around were in a rush, in suits, or looking like they were in a rush
- Once I got to the national archives the demographics were 50/50 business and tourists. Also it was a weekday around 3pm-6pm, thus more business people.
- Interesting to note that once I made it back to the FBI building, I almost did not recognize the building with how bland it was.
- Seeing it from the national archives you can see the navy memorial and a very cool circular area.
- The building seems to be at the center of a business district that is surrounded on both sides by tourist areas
- Roosevelt stone
- Stopped by the national portrait gallery
- Close to Chinatown
- Interesting juxtaposition
November 30th 2pm-4pm roughly
- Less movement than last time
- A lot of people coming in and out of the building
- Noticing a lot more wealth, no flashy cars but black SUVs dropping people off and picking them up
- It is very cold today yet tourists are still walking around areas surrounding the FBI building
- Some movement leaving the restaurants- they appear to be coming out of lunch meetings
- A lot more tourists than working people this time around
December 8th – noon
- Spent more time in the surrounding areas
- Lots of tourists
- Holiday decorations are beginning to come up in full effect.
- No employees
- The immediate area of the FBI building was very empty
- More tourists in the outskirts – by the museums
- A lot less noise
- So many tourists that the FBI building sort of gets lost- no one seems to care for it or they do not seem to notice what it is.